Today, ubu’s 15th Day of Christmas, we are celebrate the work of SAFE@LAST; a registered charity delivering services to young people, 16 and under, who are at risk through running away.
SAFE@LAST’s primary aim is that every child be heard, giving them the very best opportunity to identify and resolve their issues around running away or not returning home.
In offering these services SAFE@LAST aims to:
- Reduce the number of young people who resort to running away as a solution or a response to issues in their lives,
- Reduce the numbers of repeat runaway incidences,
- Increase young people’s confidence and empower them to make a change in their lives,
- Increase young people’s knowledge of the wide range of support services available and how to access them to begin to build their own resource network,
- Offer independent support and services to young people at risk through running away,
- Recognise and meet the needs of these young people and continuously,
- Develop the project accordingly,
They have been successfully working with the children’s supports in Sheffield for the past 5 years offering valuable advice and guidance to the young people and staff.
SAFE@LAST provide personal 1-1 support for our young people and build valuable relationships with them through social interaction in a variety of ways.
Joe Clay a support worker for SAFE@LAST visits our supports in Sheffield regularly and the young people have benefitted greatly from his expert advice on the dangers of not returning home at night. He sends his grateful thanks on behalf of everyone at SAFE@LAST for the donation to this great charity.